B.C. QUILT SHOPS – SOUTH COAST
- Burnaby – The Needle and I Quilt Shop
- Gibsons – Carola’s Quilt Shop
- Ladner – The Quilted Bear
- Nanaimo – Serge & Sew
- North Vancouver – Stitch & Bobbin Quilting and Sewing Supplies Website; Stitch & Bobbin on Facebook
- Parksville – Sweet Pea Quilting
- Pitt Meadows – Dinkydoo
- Port Alberni – Kismet Quilts
- Surrey – Tom’s Sewing Center
- Vancouver – The Cloth Shop
- Victoria – The Cloth Castle
- Our Social Fabric. A non-profit Vancouver group that helps recycle excess fabric from manufacturers, the movie industry, and more. Monthly sales to put the fabric into the hands of creators in the community.
SEWING MACHINE MAINTENANCE & REPAIR – MEMBER RECOMMENDED
- Euro Tech Sewing Machine Repair, Vancouver, B.C.
- Save on Sewing.com. Mark Colton. 1765 Westover Road, North Vancouver, B.C. Phone: 604-808-4999. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tom’s Sewing Center, Surrey, B.C.
LONG ARM QUILTERS – MEMBER RECOMMENDED
- Carol Lifford. “Quilt For You.” 163 Schoolhouse Street, Coquitlam, B.C. Phone: 604-524-1008. Carol’s quilting business is at the same location and has the same phone number as their Budget Mini Storage business.
- Wendy Margerm. “Threadtales Machine Quilting.” Phone: 604-523-6891. Cell: 604-218-6804. Email: email@example.com. Wendy’s blog: www.snippetsofaquilter.blogspot.com. Drop off and pick up service at Stitch & Bobbin Quilting and Sewing Supplies, North Vancouver, B.C.
- Lauren Tolhurst. “Busy Bobbin Longarm Quilting.” Custom freemotion quilting. #410-1590 West 1st Avenue, Vancouver, B.C. Located near Granville Island. Tel: 604-739-6005. Cell: 604-612-1575. Email: Quilted@lightspeed.ca. Web: Lauren on Facebook.
- Armstrong, B.C. – North Okanagan Shuswap Barn Quilt Trail
- La Conner , Washington – Pacific Northwest Quilt & Fiber Arts Museum (formerly La Conner Quilt Museum)
- Kittitas County, Washington – Barn Quilts of Kittitas County
B.C. QUILT GUILDS – SOUTH COAST
- Abbotsford – Fraser Valley Modern Quilters Guild
- Campbell River – Campbell River Friendship Quilters Guild
- Chilliwack – Chilliwack Quilters’ Guild
- Cumberland – Comox Valley Schoolhouse Quilters’ Guild
- Delta – Fraser Valley Quilters’ Guild
- Langford – Westshore Quilters’ Guild
- Langley – Langley Quilters’ Guild
- Maple Ridge – Ridge Meadows Quilters’ Guild
- Nanaimo – Nanaimo Quilters’ Guild
- North Vancouver –
- Parksville – Parksville Quilt House Quilters’ Guild
- Port Coquitlam – Blue Mountain Quilters’ Guild
- Powell River – Timberlane Quilters’ Guild Website; Timberlane Quilters’ Guild Blog
- Sechelt – Sunshine Coast Quilters’ Guild
- Squamish – Squamish Valley Quilters’ Guild
- Tsawassen – Boundary Bay Quilters’ Guild
- Vancouver –
- Victoria – Victoria Quilters’ Guild
- Whistler – Whistler Valley Quilters’ Guild
- Canadian Quilters Association (CQA). A national organization formed in 1981 to promote quilting, appliqué and patchwork and to link quilt-makers across the country.
Fibre Art Network (FAN). Professional fibre artists of Western Canada showcasing original, creative fibre arts.
- Northwest Quilt Connection (NQC). Quilters from British Columbia and Washington State meet and listen to guest speakers. Meetings are held five times a year – in January, March, May, September, and November. Four of the meetings are held in the USA; one meeting is held in Canada.
- Quilts of Valour Canada. This national organization, formed in 2009, supports injured Canadian Armed Forces members, past and present, with quilts of comfort.