What an interesting meeting! Anne’s excellent talk on Quilts in the Underground Railroad did not dispell the myth but it did give us a better understanding of the possible code.
- Burns, Eleanor, & Bouchard, Sue. Underground Railroad Sampler. Quilt in a Day, California, 2003
- Rubin, Stella. How to Compare and Value American Quilts. Opus Publishing Group, London, 2001
- Tobin, Jacqueline, & Dobard, Raymond. Hidden in Plain View. Anchor Books, New York, 2000
- New Pathways into Quilt History — a website that explores quilt history including links on the dispute that quilts were ever used in the Underground Railway
- Quiltbus.com — a source for free quilt patterns
Here is the NVDPL list of books on the Underground Railroad.
Have you read a book, fiction or non-fiction, on the Underground Railroad?